Turns out you can make a career out of smoking weed! Yes, we are not kidding, a company in America wants to pay you to do that. Very serious.
Every now and then a viral ‘dream job’ pops up offering candidates opportunities to tour the world. Perhaps you would rather get paid to take smoke large amounts of weed.
American Marijuana, a medical marijuana online magazine that provides research on cannabis products is looking to hire someone for $3,000 a month to review marijuana.
So, all that the employee has to do is sit at home, smoke weed every day, and get paid wholesomely for it!
However, you need to be an expert with ‘extensive knowledge on the subject’ and not just a recreational smoker, the company warns.
American Marijuana, a cannabis review site, is looking for someone to review CBD and THC products for up to $47,000 ($36,000 USD) a year.
The site wants an applicant either from Canada or a US state where weed is legal to film themselves unboxing new (free!) weed products each month, and blog about their experiences.
Essentially, you’d be getting paid to get high at home and blog about it.
The products will include weed, vapes, edibles, and CBD oils.
How do I Get Paid to Smoke Weed?
Each month, the selected candidate will get a box in the mail with different brands and varieties of products to test. The products can all range from vapes, weed, edibles, and CBD oils.
He/she will then be required to review a wide variety of cannabis products and give unbiased reviews and opinions of the product.
They will also have to write blog posts for the products and film video reviews and the company expects the person to give their honest and unbiased opinion.
The Magazine, in its job description notes, ”If you think you got the guts to smoke weed every day (plays Snoop Dogg song) and get paid doing it, you might just be the guy we need.
But DO NOT expect us to hire you just because you can smoke because we’re looking for a guy who also has extensive knowledge of marijuana to educate our readers”.
How do I qualify to get Paid to Smoke Weed?
However, to qualify, you have to
- live somewhere in the US or Canada where medical marijuana is legal. Currently, 22 states and Washington, DC, allow marijuana for medical purposes.
- You also need to be physically fit and healthy and be 18 years or older.
- The applicant will have to write about their honest reviews and opinions of the product in the form of a blog,” the posting says. “Moreover, they must also be comfortable in front of the camera since the job includes unboxing videos and explainer videos of how each cannabis product performs and differs from other, more notable products in the category.”
- The successful candidate will need to be at least 18 years old, physically healthy, and able to name at least six slang terms for weed (that’s literally part of the application.)
- The application also requests a 60-second video explaining why you’re passionate about weed, and links to your social media accounts—they want to know how many followers you have.
How much can I get paid for smoking weed?
According to the terms and conditions, only one candidate will be chosen and will be paid up to $47,000 a year based on their “experience and capabilities.”
The site makes money from the companies being reviewed when users click on a link and purchase a product or service. However, the company claims this dynamic does not result in biased reviews.
Whoever gets the gig will be paid up to $3,000 monthly or $36,000 yearly ‘depending on their experience and their capabilities’.
In addition, they will get free cannabis products ‘sent on a monthly basis to your address for testing’.
The samples will include everything ranging from weed strains, vapes and edibles to CBD oils.
The lucky stoner will be chosen on December 4.
It differs from the usual format in that you won’t be sent anywhere far flung to enjoy your joints.
That will be done from your own home, presumably – and the company hiring specifies that the person they choose will have to live somewhere the drug is legal.
How to apply
AmericanMarijuana.org says the applicant must be over 18 and is required to send the following:
- Headshot OR a preferable link to a 60-second intro video talking about your passion for the position.
- Attached links to existing social media accounts
- At least 6 street names, slang terms, or nicknames of marijuana.
“This job is 100% for real, and it’s an important job that includes more than just getting paid to smoke weed,”