In the world of digital business, few things are more important than keeping track of your inventory. Inventory management software is one of the top items on an entrepreneur’s technology list (and for good reason) and TradeGecko Review will offer you a good platform to achieve that.
TradeGecko promises today’s brands a powerful and customizable online inventory management experience. This unique cloud-based software enables companies to track and manufacture all the products they sell across multiple locations and channels.
Unlike other inventory management tools, TradeGecko gives companies the freedom to combine multiple channels and programs into a comprehensive view of their digital business.
There is also the option to manage orders and fulfil requirements through your all-in-one interface.
In this piece, you will learn everything you need to know about TradeGecko.
What is TradeGecko?
TradeGecko is a cloud-based tool based on the software-as-a-service model. TradeGecko offers support for small and medium-sized businesses and helps companies to manage their inventory and processes in an easy-to-understand environment. Companies around the world already rely on TradeGecko.
In nearly a decade, the company has grown dramatically, supporting transactions valued at more than $1 billion. TradeGecko also has customers in more than 100 countries.
The automated and integrated software offers companies everything they need for an active multichannel or wholesale business.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of TradeGecko?
Each software has its different advantages and disadvantages. Tools like TradeGecko for inventory management are ideal for anyone who wants to master order management without having to worry about Excel spreadsheets.
TradeGecko is the perfect addition to your B2B e-commerce platform and can help you make your sales life easier.
However, the company also has a reputation for poor customer service. According to TradeGecko reviews, getting your questions answered in real time is difficult. Customer support just isn’t as good as you’d expect from companies like Shopify or Shipstation, for example.
Below are some pros and cons to be aware of if you are looking to use this inventory management software for your small business.
- Excellent for multi-channel customer orders
- Supply chain management in wholesale
- Assistance for all parts of the sales journey
- Support of the B2B platform
- Fast and easy payment experience with TradeGecko Payments
- Automation components to optimize workflows
- Reporting and Insights with Intelligence
- Powerful integrations with tools like Quickbooks, WooCommerce, Amazon, Xero and more
- Good price-performance ratio
- Occasional problems with software errors
- Some problems with the learning curve
- Problems with customer support
Before you combine your sales channels with TradeGecko, you need to make sure that this service is within your budget. TradeGecko can be a powerful tool for the right business.
It integrates with Quickbooks Online and Magento so you can manage more of your business in the same place. In addition, a 14-day free trial is included so you can experiment before purchasing.
When your free trial expires, receive a monthly discount when you prepay for a full year of service. The packages currently available for those on an annual plan are:
- Founder: $39 per month for one user, a channel integration, 50 sales orders per month, a single warehouse, multi-currency support, zonal shipping rates, basic user rights, accounting integrations, a mobile sales app, TradeGecko payments, and basic payments intelligence.
- Lite: $79 per month for two users, all Founder features, 300 orders per month, and the TradeGecko Connect feature.
- Small Business: $199 per month for all Lite features plus 5 user access, 1,000 orders, multiple warehouses, batch and tracing, B2B e-commerce, TradeGecko manufacturing, and two hours of setup support.
- Business: $599 per month for everything in small business plus 8 users, 3,000 orders, API access, account management tools, FBA integrations, advanced B2B support, warehouse management apps, and demand forecasting.
- Premium: $799 per month for all functions of Business plus support for 15 users, 5,000 orders a month, multi-language documents, 8 hours of setup assistance, and multi-themed documents.
TradeGecko also offers a “Pro” package for businesses. The pricing for this package is only available by contacting the team. However, if you have the money to pay for Pro, it can cover all of your business needs. You get unlimited user support and unlimited orders.
Features of TradeGecko
TradeGecko is a solution that enables companies to organize payments, products, orders, and information in the same place. Ultimately, it’s a tool for keeping track of all the intricate components of a business. Let’s take a look at some of the features you get with TradeGecko.
Manufacturing and inventory support
At the heart of the TradeGecko platform are the inventory management and manufacturing tools. The practical inventory management interface gives you absolute control over all the items you sell.
Whether you’re a brand owner selling wholesale to a company or a company selling to customers, TradeGecko will help you stay on top of things.
The inventory management and manufacturing tools built into the system include:
- Inventory Control: With the inventory control features, you can keep track of your inventory and make sure you never run out of inventory. TradeGecko automatically updates inventory for you and tracks purchases in multiple locations and in multiple warehouses.
- Inventory optimization: With the inventory management system, companies can ensure that they always have the right inventory at the right time. You can optimize your internal processes through automated strategies for demand forecasting, inventory optimization, and even reorder processes.
- Warehouse management: If you have to keep an eye on several warehouses for your company, TradeGecko makes it easier to monitor all objects at the same time. You can move inventory between warehouses and receive or fulfill orders for specific warehouses individually.
- Wholesale inventory management: With the wholesale inventory management service, you can take bulk orders quickly and easily using a private and automated platform.
Create quotes and billing details for your customers and send them via email. There is even the option of setting up your own self-service solution.
- Manufacturing: TradeGecko supports the management of complete manufacturing processes and automation. This means that you can keep track of everything that is going on in your company. From purchase to order fulfillment, you never lose sight of your processes.
Other functions are:
- Supply chain management
- Automated demand forecasting and inventory optimization
- Integrates into several sales channels
- Manages stocks and orders from all sales channels via a central hub
- Automatically updates inventory when sales are made
- Manages multiple warehouses efficiently
- Integrates with Xero and Quickbooks to manage the account
- Integrates with ShipStation and ShipIT to manage compliance
- The private B2B e-commerce portal enables online wholesale
- TradeGecko for Sales for iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch enables wholesale on the go
- Real-time analysis and reporting
Ease of Use
Even the best inventory and order management tool isn’t great if you don’t enjoy using it with your team. Fortunately, TradeGecko isn’t as complicated as you might think.
You don’t have to worry about installing complicated software as TradeGecko is available as a web-based application.
A mobile app is also available if you want to log in and manage your inventory while on the go. The mobile app lets you track purchases, place orders, and more without having to sit at a desktop computer.
Whether you sign in from a computer or mobile device, you get an experience that is intuitive and effective for any business owner.
TradeGecko has been on the market for some time and the software is therefore very sophisticated. The user interface is easy to navigate and straightforward. The aesthetics are pretty good too – everything seems to work well together.
The dashboard shows you how to set up your account if you’re new to the software. The step-by-step process is perfect for beginners.
There’s also a quick and easy way to add the integrations you’d like to incorporate into your technology as well.
Who is TradeGecko Best Suitable for?
TradeGecko is an inventory management and business support system. It is ideal for companies that have to deal with high volume inventory. For example, if you sell products from many different sources or are a wholesaler, TradeGecko is for you.
With the special tools in this software, users can quickly transfer inventory information between different locations. This also enables the provision of discounts for large orders.
With the private e-commerce portal, your business customers can also log into their own profiles and view the assigned price details and other information.
The inventory management tools for TradeGecko are great when you need complete inventory control. Your details will be automatically updated based on your sales, so you might not inadvertently sell stocks that you don’t have available.
There is also the option to create a custom sales report for each channel. This will make it easier for you to see which sources of income will benefit you the most.
What are the problems with TradeGecko?
There are many positive points for business owners to enjoy with TradeGecko. The seamless integration with your favorite tools and easy order fulfillment processes are great benefits.
Adding products is a quick and easy process, and you can rest assured that everything will sync right away.
There are even things like customer relationship management and supplier management to get your business right.
However, this software also has some drawbacks. Although the team at TradeGecko is constantly working to get rid of the issues users are still having with the software, you may have some issues at first.
While TradeGecko allows you to integrate with the external POS technology, no active integrated solution is available with the proprietary technology. For some companies, this might not be a big problem, but it will likely put some sellers off.
There is also no apparently complete financial accounting system. You could argue that this tool is intended for inventory management rather than accounts. However, many modern inventory tools come with accounting technology.
TradeGecko again asks you to rely on integrations for this feature. However, the fact that it’s built into so many popular accounting tools might make it more impressive for some companies that don’t want to learn how to use a new system.
A major problem with TradeGecko is that the software doesn’t always run as fast as it should. Some users complain that the technology faces multiple glitches.
A smartphone app and B2B functions are also somewhat limited. The app functionality is handy but only covers the basics. However, it is likely that the company will continue to expand this functionality.
Our last major criticism of the technology revolves around the support team. Ultimately, phone support shouldn’t be restricted to people with a more expensive account.
If a company wants their customers to have email as the only way to stay in touch, it needs a team that is ready to respond to messages as quickly as possible.
There are tons of ways you can make your business more lucrative with the help of TradeGecko. The inventory synchronization technology is brilliant, and the shipper and supplier management are great too.
However, TradeGecko may not be the best inventory management software we’ve seen. There are many alternative technologies out there that could give better results, especially when you consider some of the negative issues mentioned above.
If you would like to try this technology out for yourself, we recommend that you try the free demo version. The demo is robust enough to give you a good overview of many of the most important features that you will be using.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.