I believe you must have come across most T.V commercials or heard about LifeLock or identity guard.
LifeLock is a name in the theft protection services as well as identity guard.
LifeLock is actually brought to you by Norton, while identity guard is in partnership with IBM Watson.
Both offer great services as regards extensive protection and security. Wondering whether lifelong vs identity guard is a great fit for you?
We will discuss it in this article.
Due to the increase of theft and people falling victim to it, the best way to protect oneself is with a protection plan with an identity theft company.
LifeLock is a company that provides identity theft protection services. It actually has apps with protection-level plans.
This company has technologies that prevent theft. They have adequate tools that can protect your identity and also offer expert help where necessary.
About Identity Guard
In looking at their services, LifeLock vs identity guard brings a lot to the table regarding protection.
But, looking at identity guard offers tools that protect browsing on the web, online payment, etc.
With its artificial intelligence powered by IBM Watson, it scans the public internet as well as monitors the dark web for any suspicious activity.
Identity guard software is safe, and it also has a variety of plans to fit one’s budget.
It offers 3 different membership plans, Total, value, and premier ranging from $8.99, $19.99, $29.99.
Identity Guard vs LifeLock Review: What sets LifeLock apart
We have different cybersecurity companies like identity guard, lifelong, and others. Looking at it, identity guard vs LifeLock services are great. But what sets LifeLock apart?
LifeLock provides services to over 5 million customers. It helps to protect your privacy and important data in combination with Norton 360.
You get access to services like stolen wallet assistance, credit monitoring, dark web monitoring, etc. with LifeLock.
It has 4 different tiers of plans:
Standard, Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plus. Its payment plan ranges from $11.99 per month to $34.99 per month.
It also has a money-back guarantee if they do not satisfy you with their services.
Identity Guard vs LifeLock Review: Pros and Cons of LifeLock
- Included in the top 3 plan is the computer and device protection
- The two respected names in the cybersecurity are LifeLock and Norton
- They are available 24/7. You can easily connect to them when there is any issue.
- There are reimbursement plans for stolen funds or expenses
- Tri-bureau credit monitoring
- Tri-bureau monitoring is only available for an expensive plan
- It doesn’t refund monthly membership
- Price is higher than other competitors
Identity Guard vs LifeLock Review: Identity Guard Pros and Cons
- Identity guard has affordable prices
- It offers family plans at a cheap rate
- It has IBM intelligent tracking. It monitors the web more than other systems.
- It provides social media insights using the premier plans. It gives you the opportunity to access any risk on your profile.
- Identity guard provides credit stores through the total and premium plans.
- In the basic plan, there is no credit monitoring
- One of the important things it lacks is customer care service. There is no customer service support.
- There is no such offer on the website
- Identity Guard has limited recovery service
- It offers minor benefits using the ultra plan over the ultimate plan but at a high fee monthly fee.
- It doesn’t have the PC cloud backup capability
LifeLock vs Identity Guard: Which service is the best?
Both LifeLock and Identity Guard offer great services for credit monitoring, identity theft protection, alerts, insurance restoration coverage, and lots more. Below summarizes the features of both.
For Monthly Fees
- Standard: $9.99 for the first year. Then $11.99.
- Select: This is $9.99 for the first year also and then goes to $14.99
- Advantage: $19.99 is for the first year, then goes to $24.99
- Ultimate plus: $24.99 for the first year, then $34.99
Identity guard plans
- Value: $8.99 for a month or $14.99 for the family
- Total: $19.99 per month, or $29.99 for the family
- Premier: $29.99 for a month or $39.99 for the family
For Special Security Package
- Norton 360
- IBM Watson
For Credit Monitoring
- This is on all the four(4) plans
- It is only on total and premier plans only
For Insurance Reimbursement
- It is on both LifeLock and identity guard plans
For PC Cloud Backup
- It is on select, advantage and ultimate plans
- The PC cloud backup is not in any of the plans.
For Multiple devices covered
- It is on Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plans
- It is on the family plans
For Customer Service
- It is 24/7. You can reach me through call, chat, or email.
The time is 8 am to 11 pm Monday – Friday, Saturday 9 am to 6 pm
Both services are incredible, so for the best services between LifeLock vs identity guard. It depends on what you want and which plan you can pay for the coverage.
But an identity guard is better if you are looking for identity theft protection for your family. If you want good coverage without minding the price, then LifeLock is good.
Identity Guard vs LifeLock: Summary
Now, which of the two services is the best? LifeLock vs Identity guard.
It depends on how much you have budgeted and willing to pay and which of the services you desire.
Both companies provide different credit monitoring, insurance reimbursement, unique services, and features.
Make sure to review their different plans and know which one can work for you or best suits your situation.
They both offer great services, but the important thing to note is choosing an identity theft protection service. In this case, it is either LifeLock vs Identity guard.